Friday, April 17, 2009

Instant messengers - Why they're necessary and how to best juggle them!!

I'm sure most of you have at least one messenger. They are a handy tool to communicate in real time. In freebie trading messengers are important because it gives you instant access to your mentor or forum administrators, or even site owners, and when you start paying and training it gives you instant access to your mentees to better train them.

The 3 most common are MSN messenger also known as Live Messenger, AOL instant messenger or AIM, and yahoo instant messenger or YIM. One neat thing is MSN and yahoo actually teamed up and you can be friends with the people using the other client.

The sites to each of these individual messengers are below.
Yahoo messenger
MSN messenger
AIM messenger

Now personally I think it is crazy to have 3 different messengers on all at once. And sometimes its necessary because not everyone has the same messengers, so I like having a multiclient. You can find them for free at download.com.

The one I use is Digsby. It is great, you can even keep up to date with your email, facebook, myspace, twitter and others with it. I only have to log in to one thing and everything is right there.

To download Digsby click below.
Digsby chat client

There are others also, like Trillion. If you don't like Digsby just check out downloads.com for chat clients and you will have a wide selection to choose from.

Remember if you want to be a successful mentor you should be open and available to receive communication from your traders in as many ways as possible.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Shannon! I saw your comment on Sisterly Savings about project payday. I would love to know how to get the information without paying. Now I'm a newbie at this, so I would need to start at the beginning. I think you said you had a URL of a good forum or 2 to go to. Any help in starting out would be great! Thanks! Jen

Shannon said...

The best forum to sign up to is FreeLunchRoom, the link is in the left hand column. Just so you know anyone who contacts you without you contacting them first is spamming, it is highly against the rules for anyone to contact you first. I am happy to teach you anything you want to know and the best part is any sites you do in a forum environment you get paid for (I pay whether it is through the forum or not) Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Earn Free Giftcards

Search & Win

FREE Coupons

Blogs I follow

Play games - Get Prizes

Photobucket