Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I love Couponing

We are going to the movies today!!! Yippee, we are taking the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Under normal circumstances we wouldn't have the extra money to take them.

However, thanks to General Mills we can and we get to go for FREE!!! See last month I bought 8 boxes of cereal that were b1g1 free at Publix. I had coupons for all of them so I paid less than $1 per box. Each box had a code on it for half of a movie ticket. Buy 2 boxes and get 1 FREE movie ticket to almost any theater for any movie. You can see details about the promotion here. (It runs until June but I don't know if you can still find boxes with the codes on them or not.)

Last month we went to see 2012 for date night. That used up 2 of our tickets. Today we are going to Alvin so that is our last 2 tickets. Our son is free so we don't have to worry about him. Now our daughter is 5 so I did have to pay $2.50 for her movie ticket.

How did I only pay $2.50?

A neat site called Winster. You sign up for FREE and you get to play games like slots, bingo, etc. There is no money involved and you play for points. But instead of competing you and the other players work together, trading pieces and stuff so that you can get the most points for your game. I earned a $5 off discount code to Fandango by playing. This is the second prize I have gotten, I got a $7 code a couple of months ago. So I only paid $2.50 for my daughters ticket to the movie today.

The best part is because I am a member of our theaters points club, we have a coupon for a free small popcorn. We can upgrade to a large for about $1. So free snacks too, yay!!!

Just one more reason I love couponing.

0 comments:

Earn Free Giftcards

Search & Win

FREE Coupons

Blogs I follow

Play games - Get Prizes

Photobucket